In any home, there is very little that is maintenance free. It is always essential to continue with an ongoing maintenance of your home. You want to make sure that your home is comfortable and kid safe. But just as importantly, you want to retain and increase the value of your property.
As a homeowner, a good maintenance inspection is indispensable. The following is a list of the principal benefits of how a professional maintenance inspection can provide you with a plan that you need to maintain your home. This includes:
- Providing advice and recommendations for pending repairs
- Ranks and highlights any deficiencies in your home
- Helps to increase the lifespan of your home’s many components
- Reduces repair costs for the future
- Can help in reducing energy consumption expenses
Maintenance inspections ideally should be done every five years to identify and monitor certain conditions and components of the house system that could lead to health and safety issues for your family. For example, a regular inspection of the roof allows a homeowner adequate time that he or she needs to find the right contractor and get several quotes before a minor repair becomes an emergency.
Major repairs can always be avoided with routine house inspections.
A home maintenance inspection will locate those areas and features of your home that require your attention. This comprises of:
- Basement walls and drains
- Fireplaces and chimneys
- Furnaces and air conditioning (including filters)
- Gutters, downspouts and drainage
- Plumbing and faucets
- Smoke and CO detectors, other safety equipment
- Windows and doors
Our inspection will supply you with three complete lists:
- Short Term (problems that demand immediate attention)
- Medium Term (things that should be dealt with in the near future)
- Long Term (things that are noted, but do not require immediate action)
Contact Meredith Home Inspection Services today. Remember that a good home inspection report becomes the blueprint for your home maintenance plan. We can help you to prioritize home improvements and offer advice on the best ways to approach repairs.